TRAINING OPPORTUNITY - Health Care Assistant Program Nov 2017
Coast Salish Employment & Training Society
In Association with Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
The following Program is available to clients within our Catchment area on Southern Vancouver Island
Health Care Assistant Program
November 20, 2017-June 20, 2018
Clinical placement- 345 hours
Theory -540 hours
The Health Care Assistant Program is designed to provide students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to function effectively as frontline care-givers and respected members of the healthcare team, in community and facility settings. Under the direction and supervision of a health professional, graduates provide person-centred care aimed at promoting and maintaining the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social well-being of clients/residents.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are prepared to work in any level of continuing care, including: home support, adult day care, assisted living, and complex care (including special care units)
· High school graduation, or mature student status, with minimum English 10 or equivalent, and Math 10 or equivalent* (transcripts to confirm are required)
· Standard First Aid Certification with CPR Level ‘C’
· BC Food Safe Certificate Level 1
· Proof of a negative TB skin test. In case of a positive TB skin test, a negative TB chest x-ray report is required.
· Solicitor General Criminal Record Search that reveals the absence of a criminal record
· Updated immunizations – measles, mumps, rubella, polio, tetanus, diphtheria, hepatitis B series, and current influenza vaccination.
HET/Ko’Pthut (Cowichan-Qualicum) Faren Charlie— firstname.lastname@example.org
PH: 250-746-0183 (Secondary Contact, Pam Sam email@example.com)
Bobbi-Lee Copeland for WILNEW (Malahat-Pacheedaht) firstname.lastname@example.org